2.29.2008

What are those wooden things.... BIKES?!

I have a tendency to save images I find online of cool biking related things. I was going through a few folders today to do a little almost-spring-cleaning, and thought people would enjoy a look at some really fun and artistic designs of wooden bicycles.
First up: a wooden motorcycle. Bad ass!
Next, we have a very utilitarian wooden hauler-bike.

Pretty sure this one is just for show. I could imagine a cave man riding one.


A really well made wooden commuter bike!

A sleek wooden frame for roadies.

This wooden chopper is for serious business.


I'm not much for recumbents, but this one looks pretty great.



A wooden luxury recumbent!
This frame is made from a composite of bamboo and what i'd assume is plastics or resin. Apparently the frame was too flexible for riding use, but they're working on improving it.

I want one of these!

An artsy wood cruiser.


There's a ton more out there. There are even companies that make them to sell! I was pleased to find that we actually index a few wood products, one which I found to be particularly awesome. An all-wood wall rack!

No comments: